Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break Adventures, Part I

I know, it's been an unusually l-o-n-g time between posts...even for me! But I have a good excuse. The kids have been on spring break since April 1st and we have been having a whirlwind vacation! Here are a few highlights. We started our vacation in San Diego and the Hotel Del Coronado. My husband loves historical buildings and monuments so I knew he would get a kick out of staying in a hotel that was built 120 years ago. I think it looks pretty good for being so old :)


The kids loved exploring the hotel. Here is the view from the sun deck where you can enjoy a bite to eat or watch the sunset.



We also took some time to explore Balboa Park. Another historical note...the Carousel in the Park was built in 1910 and all but two pairs of animals are original hand-carved from Europe.


These hand-painted murals are also original. Beautiful!


The *learning* we tried to stress to the kids on this vacation is how lucky we are to live in beautiful Southern California where there are so many wonderful and fun things within driving distance. After all, my husband and I always say that part of the *expense* of living in Southern California is the privilege of being able to hop into a car and visit San Diego, Disneyland, gorgeous beaches, and so on and so on...almost any day of the year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment