Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Day at the Zoo


I've been thinking a lot lately about taking time to enjoy the things that I am busy doing and not simply rush from one "to-do" to another "to-do"...especially as it relates to the kids. I am constantly reminding myself that one day in the not too distant future, my kids are going to be "too cool" to want to spend time with their parents. So, Friday was a perfect opportunity to spend the morning with my daughter in her element - school. I volunteered for my fourth field trip to the zoo in as many years. Some would wonder aloud, "why?" Because I love observing (and I am not above spying) my kids while they are at school...hanging with their friends...making conversation...figuring out this whole "social interaction" thing...without parents hovering too close. And, I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of my morning!

The kids listed the animals they wanted to see at the zoo and zebras were at the top!


Measuring themselves against the giraffes.


And lastly...resting after a morning of exploring.



0 comments:

Post a Comment