Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Break Adventures, Part II

One of the reasons for heading down to San Diego was SeaWorld. Let's face it, our kids have the Disneyland and Legoland thing down by now. So, we felt it was time to introduce SeaWorld into the mix, saving the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park for another visit. Note: This is the part where I try to insert my "be thankful we live in Southern California" mantra once again.

But, before heading anywhere, we made sure to stop by Hash House a Go Go for breakfast. Have you been there? Delicious, delicious breakfasts and um...really H-U-G-E portions. Don't be alarmed, but this is a picture of the fried chicken benedict with bacon, mashed potatoes and spinach hiding under the sauce. Yes, I ordered that for breakfast. Yes, it was fabulous! And, try as I did, I could not even finish half of it.


We walked right into SeaWorld and joined the crowd heading over to the Shamu Show. My husband was trying to talk the kids into sitting in the splash zone. But I thought our view was close enough :)



We also signed up for the Dolphin Encounter where we had the chance to see, feed, and play with the dolphins up-close. We even played a game of peek-a-boo (this first picture). I'm not sure who had more fun, my kids or my husband!




After our gigantic breakfast, we made sure to cover every inch of the park, including a short stop for some rides. I had no idea that SeaWorld had rides, much less Sesame Street themed ones. But the kids were excited to ride the spinning tea cup ride. And that's where I had a "My kids are growing up!" moment. They actually didn't want dad to ride with them! They were both tall enough to ride without a parent and that's exactly what they wanted to do. Here they are...by themselves!


And, in case any of you are thinking of visiting SeaWorld in the near future, they have a deal where you pay for a single day and get the rest of the year free. Another great deal is the Silver Annual Pass where you pay for one year and get the second year free plus extras which include free parking and 10% savings on food and merchandise. We also saved 20% on our dolphin encounter tickets. I purchased one Silver Pass for myself and with all of our discounts, the pass paid for itself in just one visit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment