Friday, March 19, 2010

An Inspiring Friend

Do you have a friend that inspires you? I am fortunate to have many amazing girlfriends, but one in particular is my girlfriend from college. We've known each other for 20 years and I was thrilled when she moved within driving distance a few years back. The easiest way to describe her is that there is nothing she cannot do. Seriously. New backsplash for the kitchen? She can put it in. Extra-long curtains made for your great room? She's your girl. Delicious pumpkin cookies for your Halloween party? Absolutely!

But even more inspiring is her attitude. She truly believes that there is nothing she cannot accomplish. No obstacle that is insurmountable with a determined and positive attitude. And let me say that it is precisely this upbeat and matter-of-fact attitude that has helped her through some tough personal times lately. For the casual observer looking at her, even talking to her, one would never know the stress in her life. Each time we get together, I come away vowing not to worry or obsess about things that are out of my hands (so hard for me!) To tackle what seems like the impossible, one step at a time...without complaining. And, not to dwell on what should have been or what could have been. We should all be so lucky to have someone like her in our lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment