Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Easy Dinner - Asian Flank Steak


I don't know about you, but I was shocked to learn that the school year is already half over! Where did the time go? Even just the thought of time flying by so quickly makes this Type-A mom feel slightly frantic! In order to help calm my nerves, I'm sharing another one of my favorite easy, quick, and delicious weeknight dinner recipes: Asian Flank Steak.

This Asian Flank Steak recipe can be made either on the grill (notice the pattern in my recipes?) or in the oven. I've made it both way and both are easy and equally yummy. The one caveat is that you need to remember to put it in the refrigerator to marinate overnight, or else leaving it to stand at room temp. for one hour defeats the quick part I suppose.

ASIAN FLANK STEAK
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 1 1/4-pound flank steak, fat trimmed
  1. Whisk first 5 ingredients to blend in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Add steak and turn to coat. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refridgerate overnight, turning occasionally.
  2. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Drain marinade into small saucepan and bring to boil. Grill or broil steak about 5 minutes per side for rare. Transfer steak to platter; let stand 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak across grain. Pass marinade as sauce.
I have mine marinating in my fridge right now to enjoy when we get home from our two classes tomorrow night!

**recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit, July 1994

0 comments:

Post a Comment