Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dazed and Confused

Yesterday, I found myself at the Bobbi Brown cosmetic counter simply to buy a product that I had run out of. I say simply because it should be an easy, simple trip. And it would have been had I not asked one question that led to another question (from her, not me) which led to a clarifying question and well...you get the idea. I've never really worn much make-up. I'm basically a blush, lip gloss and occasionally eye shadow kind-of-girl. Stepping it up a notch for me means tinted moisturizer. I don't have daytime make-up, going-out make-up, or even make-up that doesn't look like I am wearing make-up. I just have my basics.

The girl (and I only use that term because she looked soo much younger than myself) at the counter named Amy had flawless make-up so I felt safe asking her my question about foundation. That was the seemingly innocent question that started it all. First there were questions (from her) about whether my skin was dry or oily. "Uh, both?" If I used a tinted moisturizer, foundation? "Oh, wait, I think I know the answer to this one!" And if so, do I set it with pressed or loose powder? "Neither? There's a difference?" The best was when she asked me if I used corrector with my concealer. "I don't even use concealer at all so I surely don't use corrector...do I?" Anyways, Amy deftly applied all of the above products to my face and walked me through the how-to part (which I promptly forgot by the time I pulled out of the parking lot. Maybe an instructional video next time?) Oh well, Amy was great and even sent me home with some samples to try at home. Good luck with that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment