Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Not a New Year Yet

I have a confession to make. The new year is stressing me out! I feel like before I can even start enjoying all the festivities of a new year, I need to finish taking care of all the chaos and debris left over from the holidays. Seriously, it's January 6th and I have just today finished packing Christmas 2009 away. After taking down our tree and packing up all the ornaments and other decorations, I had to ask, "Where did all this stuff come from?" And I mean literally because there didn't seem to be any open space in the garage.

Then, it was time to play a game that all mom's adore called, "Find a Home." Again, it's literal because it means trying to find a home for all the new games, toys and clothes that joined the family during the holidays. After all this is done, I was totally exhausted and the sight of the everyday mess (dishes, laundry, etc) that has gone ignored while I finish with Christmas drove me to tears. This time, not literally, but almost. Now, I know all this stress is self-induced and there really isn't an ancient Mayan God of New Years who declares that everyone needs to start the new year fresh, organized, and totally put together in order to better prepare oneself for the new feats of fantastical strength and endurance of the new year. Or is there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment