Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year's Wishes

One of my (annual) new year's resolutions or wishes in this case, is to spend more time with family and friends. Neither my husband nor I have any family in Southern California - not even a crazy Uncle who only makes an appearance at family reunions. Therefore, we feel very fortunate to have made some wonderful friends here who have become like family to us. SO, being the relentless multitask-er that I am, I was in heaven on New Year's Eve. On that night, I enjoyed an evening with good friends, which also gave me a jump start on one of my 2010 wishes! Fabulous how that all fits together, right? But the best part? A delicious homemade meal of short ribs and garlic mashed potatoes. Many, many compliments to the chef!!

The kids had the first dinner seating and the chef even made them their own gourmet spaghetti and meatballs dinner. After wards, they all watched a movie in the bedroom while the adults dined. Here they are using the democratic process to select a movie.

Snuggling in to enjoy the show.


I am also happy to say that I already have two trips planned in the next month where I will get to see mom, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. Now...if only those other resolutions were so easy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment