Sunday, January 24, 2010

Betty Crocker I am Not

I spent the morning yesterday doing my best to channel my inner Betty Crocker. The Cub Scouts were holding their Annual Cake Bake and needless to say, the pressure was on! Now, I am sure no one is surprised to learn that I am not a cake baker...avid cake eater, but not baker. If I am baking, it's cupcakes, mainly because the one other time I attempted a cake ended up with me rushing out to the local bakery at the last minute.

Now, in case you didn't know, the Cub Scout motto is, "Do Your Best," so I thought..."Why not?" With my son doing the pouring and mixing and my daughter assisting with the frosting, we all did our best. Because it was NFL play-off day and because my son loves the Indianapolis Colts, we chose a very simple football field design. Not too bad, right?


Remember when I mentioned that the pressure was on to at least attempt something respectable? Here is why. These are just a few of the AMAZING cakes from this year's Cake Bake. Truly humbled...again!




0 comments:

Post a Comment