Monday, November 9, 2009

Thank Goodness it's Monday!

One 24-hour period this weekend has me feeling thankful the weekend is over!

Ready set go...Pick up out-of-town family arriving for visit. LAX on a Friday night. Need I say more? Clock keeps ticking...Class parent party. It's my chance to see fellow parents outside the frenzy known as drop-off and pick-up. An added bonus is the ability to finish my sentences since small children are not around to interrupt. Tick, tick, tick, hour 3...Ladies Night Out! A few of us leave the parent party to continue the fun. Tell husbands not to wait up.

Brief break in the festivities until hour 13...8:30 a.m. soccer game. As luck would have it, our earliest game all season happens to be this morning. However, I still manage to bring coffee for myself and a few others. Was that too Type A? Clock reaches hour 15...Our post-game team breakfast. As clock ticks closer to hour 16, a slight change in plans...After waiting for almost 30 minutes for our party of 40 to be seated (who knew IHOP would be so crowded?) we decide to abandon the wait and head to the park for open spaces and Sausage McMuffins.

Tick, tick, hour 20...Off to a wedding! My husband and I dust off our fancy clothes and head out to see a dear friend from grad school get married. She looks radiant and it is a beautiful outdoor sunset ceremony. Hours 21, 22, and 23 go by...My husband and I have a wonderful time catching up with friends we haven't seen in too long and enjoy our time on the dance floor. Finally, as we reach hour 24...I am pretty sure we are still wondering how Neil Diamond can bring more people to the dance floor than Justin Timberlake.


0 comments:

Post a Comment