Thursday, April 29, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For!

As your probably know by now from reading this blog, my husband and I love sports, both playing and watching. If I remember correctly, the first date we ever had was watching the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament together (romantic, right?) B.K. (Before Kids) we spent a lot of time with our television tuned to sporting events. I don't remember much of my life B.K., but one thing I can remember is waking up Sunday mornings, walking to brunch (this was when we lived in San Francisco), coming home and watching the afternoon football game, going out to exercise, and then coming back to watch the Sunday night football game. I know this is not for everyone, but it was my little slice of heaven!

Being such sports fans, it's probably not surprising that we hoped and wished that our children would share our passion. Well, as they say...be careful what you wish for. I've already documented here what a sports fanatic my son is. "Great!" you might say. After all, it is what we've wished for...isn't it? Well...yes. But now his obsession is interfering with my obsession! When he was little, our rule used to be that he could only watch a certain amount of Sesame Street, but my husband and I would have the TV on all day if sports were on. Guess what? He eventually started to like watching sports. And that "like of watching sports" grew to "love of watching sports" and eventually grew to being practically the only thing he likes to watch. So now, in order to curb his TV watching, I am having to turn off the very thing that I love watching on TV! Cruel injustice!! So, I say to you once more, "be careful what you wish for!"

1 comment:

  1. funny cuz it's the one thing i let the boys have on all day or discovery channel...hmmm....it's only sports right???

    ReplyDelete