Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympics Junkie!



I am not ashamed to admit that I am an Olympics Junkie! My memories of watching the Olympics stretch all the way back to the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid - the Al Michaels "Do You Believe in Miracles?" - and the Summer Olympics in Moscow boycotted by the United States. To me, the Olympics are a perfect blend of my love of sports and my love for sappy, feel-good stories. Who can forget the Olympic swimmer from Equatorial Guinea in the 2000 Olympics who captured the hearts of everyone around the world?

Well, the Olympics are back and I am loving it! My poor husband, bored to tears, stuck it out and at least sat with me on the couch while I watched the opening ceremonies. Over the holiday weekend, we managed to fit in some Moguls Skiing, Men's Skiing, and Luge. Tonight, the kids and I watched the Snowboard Cross and Pairs Figure Skating Gold Medal finals from yesterday (courtesy of our DVR). Perhaps, selfishly, I am trying to groom my viewing partners for many Olympics to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment