Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Lesson Learned by Wrapping Presents

Tonight, I had another occasion to pat myself on the back. No, not because of a perfectionist moment. It was actually the opposite: a "letting the perfection go" moment (very similar to the decorating of the Christmas tree). Today's advent activity was "Help wrap presents." So, I brought out some wrapping paper and tape and let the kids wrap presents - all by themselves. The funniest moment had to be when my son picked up the present to show me he was done and the present actually fell out of one end! Because of that happening, both kids had the opportunity to learn how to fold the ends up and tape them so the present doesn't fall out. I know many of you already let your kids do this, but for me, sometimes it really is baby steps. This gift wrapped by my son is being sent to family.


This one wrapped by my daughter is our first present for under the tree (it's for Daddy!)






1 comment:

  1. Alice I love this post! :)
    I used to be super-perfect at wrapping presents. just BOWS were not acceptable, they must have gilded ribbon, maybe a holly centerpiece or felt snowflake arrangement on each one. Perfect label in place as well. and OH patterns and colors must all coordinate under the tree! I did this as my mother did...

    When I met Bryan's family for our first Christmas together, they simply wrapped their presents, but no bow or anything. I was mortified by this, and they were mortified that I took so much time in wrapping. ha!

    BOY did I let that go now, it's all I care to do by decorating the tree and slapping something in a red bag :)

    cheers!
    KJ

    ReplyDelete