Friday, December 11, 2009

It Was the Post Office's Fault!

I prepared for my morning at the post office today in typical A+ fashion. I had already compiled my list of out-of-town gifts that needed to be sent, the contents of the boxes, and current addresses. Last night, I stayed up until midnight packing and addressing various envelopes and boxes. Everything was even loaded into my car last night so I would be all ready to go in the morning. This morning, anticipating the dreadfully slow lines, I arrived at the post office with cup-of-coffee in hand along with my planner so I could be productive while queuing in line. An Eagle Scout could not have been more prepared. Except for one thing: there was no dreadfully long line at the post office. In fact, there was no line at all! Impossible, right? This particular post office had FOUR stations open and what's more, everyone was SMILING!

I must admit, I returned to the car in a semi-dazed state. Not a sip of coffee consumed and my planner still in my purse. I had so much extra time that I decided to look for the last few gifts on my Christmas list. Getting unexpected items checked off my list? A perfectionist's dream, right? Well, not exactly. Because I had so much time, I spent a little too long in the store. You know where this is heading don't you?
Please tell me that I am not the only one who wanders into a store to buy presents for others, but winds up getting something for myself as well! Besides the gifts on my list, I ended up with a scarf and a necklace for myself. Definitely poor form. Does it help that they were both on double, quadruple markdown? When the salesperson asked if I wanted a gift receipt, I said "yes" - to all the items...including my own. The shame of it all!
If only the post office hadn't been so darn efficient!

0 comments:

Post a Comment