Wednesday, December 2, 2009

DIY Advent

My husband says that I am not happy unless I am busy with a project. Not true! Well, maybe a little true. My latest and last one until the holidays are over is my DIY advent calendar. Wanting something a little different than the traditional advent calendar, I started with these organza pouches and circle tags.


Then took some left over silver metallic paper I had and wrote down 24 family activities or experiences. Some examples are make hot chocolate with marshmellows, go out for dessert, movie night, and help wrap presents.


Next, I put one activity in each pouch and then attached a circle tag with the date. The final step was to string them along my mantle with silver and red ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Look at you with your stockings up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So funny, I was just in Walmart this afternoon eyeing these little bags for advent. I love what you've done!

    xo
    Seleta

    ReplyDelete