Tuesday, December 22, 2009

And Now a Commercial Break...

I digress with this post. Today's post has nothing to do with the holidays or Santa's impending arrival or things merry and bright. Well, it is a little merry. It's no secret that our family loves sports. And, for the past few years, we've done a football pick'em league where each week, players pick 15 college games and the 15 pro games versus the spread. This year, we let our kids join the league (their idea, I swear!).

This past week was week 15 out of a total of 17. With everything that is going on, I hadn't had a chance to check the results from this past week and the overall league standings...until this evening. (Hint, hint...this is where the merry part of the post comes in.) Guess who was the week 15 winner by far? I'll give you a hint. It's the same person who is tied for 2nd place overall. Yep, it's my four-year-old daughter! And our son is only three points behind her!
(In the interest of full disclosure, my son bets versus the spread each week, while my daughter picks the winner straight up.) Either way, suffice it to say, my husband and I trail them both. If nothing else, this makes me laugh hysterically at the thought of there actually being a secret formula to striking it rich at the sports book. If a four and six-year-old who always pick their favorite teams (the Vikings and the Colts), no matter who the opponent, can between them win six out of the 15 weeks so far, what hope is there for the betting savants out there? I'm currently using that as my excuse...

0 comments:

Post a Comment