Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pinewood Derby

Last night was our Cub Scout Pack's Pinewood Derby Day. The first thing I have to say is congratulations to both my son and husband for all their hard work on their car! I think it looks pretty good!



I tried to keep up with everything they were doing, but they lost me somewhere in between the clear coating and something about graphite (which was extremely messy and not so good for the lungs.) This being my first experience with the Derby, I quickly discovered that it's serious business. My two clues were the fact that there was an official weigh-in earlier in the day and they brought out the In-N-Out Burger truck for dinner. Seriously though, it was great fun to see all of the cars and designs everyone created. This is just one table.


The track was set-up in the middle of the floor complete with an elaborate start mechanism and computer linked electronic finish line.



Everyone in our family was pretty excited when our car won it's first heat. Secretly, I think my husband felt like all his hard work was validated :) And my daughter felt it was safe at that point to cut out and head for the playground. The rest of us stuck around and cheered all the Tiger Cubs on. Congratulations to everyone for all their hard work and thank you Cub Scouts for such a fun evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment